The North Carolina Curriculum and Essential State Standards set content standards and describe the curriculum which should be made available to every child in North Carolina's public schools. The daily work of the Hoke County School's Curriculum and Instruction Office is focused on ensuring that The Common Core Curriculum and Essential State Standards are taught to all Hoke County Students. The aim of this office is to support rigorous and meaningful academic instruction and to promote a belief that teaching for learning must be consistent with best instructional practices, rich in research-proven strategies and be of such quality that our students are prepared for living, learning, and working in the 21st Century. Specifically, it is our goal to provide instructional opportunities that:
· Meet the academic, social, physical and emotional needs of our students
· Expect academic growth for all students
· Provide a safe and orderly environment where learning takes place
· Focus on preparing students to think critically, work cooperatively and strive for high standards
· Prepare students to meet the challenges of an advanced, technological society.
To this end, we will provide engaging professional learning experiences for our principals and teachers that are grounded in theory, based on scientific research, are data driven, designed to improve the learning of all students, close the achievement gap and promote professional learning.