1. First, please make sure you have a completed application
on file. You can find the link to apply by clicking here
. Please make sure you apply for the "Substitute Teacher" job posting.
Applicants must be 21 years of age to apply and have a high school diploma.
2. Next, complete a background check form
. That form is linked here
. Please fill it out and bring it to the Hoke County Schools Human Resources Office, 310 Wooley Street. Human Resources is located in the white building to the right of the main Board of Education building. Your background check will take a couple of days to process. Your point of contact for background checks is Cynthia Easterling. You can contact her by email, email@example.com
, or phone, 910-875-3658.
3. Then, complete the online, virtual substitute training course
. You can find information about this by clicking here
. The direct link to the course on the second page of that document where it says "Hoke County Catalog Course Link". At this time, the course costs $49 and will not be reimbursed.
Once steps 1-3 are completed, please call the HR office at 910-875-3658 to confirm that you have completed all necessary steps. Once confirmed, we will submit your name to the Board of Education for approval for hire at their next meeting. You cannot start working until you've been board approved.
After you are approved by the Board of Education, you will:
1. Complete 5 volunteer hours of observation time
at a Hoke County School. Use this form
to document your hours.
2. Attend the orientation session for substitutes. We have orientation sessions monthly.
3. Within 30 days of your start date, you'll need to have a Health Certificate/TB test completed
by a licensed physician and on file with HR. The form is linked here